You can apply for Uber driver if the company operates in your city, and most moderate-to-major sized cities now have Uber branches. You can check if your city has Uber at www.driverrequirement.com/cities/. You can apply online or through your mobile app, but you must meet certain basic requirements that include:
- Being 21 years of age or older
- Having at least a year of driving experience
- Three years of driving experience required for people aged 23 and under
- Qualifying with liability insurance coverage in your name
- Possessing a valid driver’s license for the jurisdiction where you plan to work
- Owing a 4-door vehicle of 2001 vintage or newer (some cities require even later model vehicles)
Of course, you also need a smartphone to use the Uber driver app. You will need at least an iPhone 4 or 2013-model Android device. You can get started by signing up here.